I decided a while back that I needed something to motivate me to write more. I’ve seen a lot of blog challenges and writing prompts, so I thought one of those would be a good way to go. I originally picked a challenge from momgetsreal.com. It was a 30-Week Challenge, but the prompts seemed so straight forward that I decided to make it a 30-Day Challenge instead. (I probably could’ve come up with my own prompts, but my brain has been off in La La Land and sometimes it makes more sense to take the easy way out!!)
So welcome to my 30-Day Blog Challenge! Today’s challenge is to write at least 15 things about myself (I’ve got 25) and post a new picture. Here goes:
1. I’m a leftie. And sometimes it’s really, really difficult.
2. I’m short. Sometimes that’s difficult too!
3. I like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite. Unfortunately, I have grooves (thank you aging process) around my mouth that make it look like I frown too much. I don’t like that.
4. My children are AMAZING. No lie. They just don’t get much better!
5. I almost wrote “amazeballs” right there, but decided it wasn’t an appropriate way to describe one’s children.
6. I am inappropriate a lot of the time.
7. I have been married almost half of my life. I still love him and I’ve only threatened his life once or twice. ; )
8. Most curse words don’t really bother me that much. I tend to ignore them. I also often wonder who decided which words would be curse words.
9. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love food!
10. I don’t want to imagine a life without books and music.
11. I want to travel and travel and travel some more. But I’m broke, so…
12. I don’t know exactly what I want to be when I grow up.
13. I love funny people.
14. I have some of the best friends and family anyone could ask for.
15. I also have some family and former friends who really don’t like me–some because of their own misconceptions and some because I refuse to sugarcoat how I feel about their behavior. Some of them I still love very much…but that doesn’t mean I have to like what they do or concede to their wishes!
16. I don’t have just one favorite color. It really depends on my mood.
17. Before I had kids, I wanted six of them. I love my three and I’m not opposed to more, but I don’t really have the money and I definitely don’t have the energy!! Plus, there’s the whole I-already-have-teenagers thing!! Not really sure I could start over at this point!
18. I’m torn between the mountains and the ocean.
19. I’ve been blamed for a lot of things I didn’t do or say. Some of which I wish I had done or said!!
20. I love cake.
21. I don’t want my children to move back to their hometown after college if there is any way I can afford to move out of it.
22. I love my Momma.
23. I don’t understand why Harry Potter’s neighbors and teachers never suspected that he was being verbally and emotionally abused, as well as neglected by his guardians. I wonder this mostly because I forget it was in a book and not real life.
24. My husband tells me I’m beautiful. I don’t see myself the way he sees me.
25. If I was in charge of hiring spies, I would hire moms. No one would suspect moms. Plus, we know stuff.
So there you have it! The Challenge has started. I’d love to hear what you do when you need inspiration!
Oh, I almost forgot about the picture. My sister was in and she was supposed to take one of me, but we got busy with a lot of other picture-taking. So this is me and my baby girl…isn’t she gorgeous?!?