Breakfast pizza is one of those simple dishes that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or a lot of time. It makes a great breakfast, lunch, or supper. Me personally, I like to make it for supper and eat the leftovers for breakfast the next day or two!!
I’m really not sure how this qualifies as a pizza. That’s just what we’ve always called it. It could also be a casserole, a bake, or maybe even, a quiche.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients:
1 can refrigerated biscuits (Any brand will do, but the southern homestyle or buttermilk are my favorites. If you use the flaky layers, the “crust” won’t be as soft.)
1 pound breakfast sausage, crumbled and cooked thru
6 eggs, whisked (like you would for scrambled eggs)
1 cup shredded cheese — cheddar or Mexican blend
salt and pepper, to taste
- Open the can of biscuits and spread them out on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Pinch the edges of the biscuits together to form a single layer. (Rolling them out or patting them thin beforehand, helps to cover the entire bottom of the dish.)
- Layer cooked sausage on top of the biscuits.
- Whip the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour on top of the biscuits/sausage and make sure they cover from edge to edge. (Once you’ve poured it on top, just tilt the pan from side to side until everything is covered.)
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Crust should be done all the way through, eggs should be firm, and cheese should be melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Without a doubt, Breakfast Pizza is a super versatile dish. Change the type of cheese or add vegetables to add even more flavor. (Peppers and onion are a delicious addition.) Serve it with some fresh fruit or a sweet breakfast pastry for a complete meal!