No, this is not a message from your mama!! Challenge Day 19 is about cleaning out those pesky drawers in the bedroom–most especially the night stand drawers that hold who-knows-what.
Most of us have at least one set of drawers in the bedroom. (Hardy har har.) Seriously though, there is usually a chest or a dresser in the room that we fill with clothing, accessories, or unmentionables. (Why are they unmentionable, by the way?) We definitely need to give all of those a once over and get rid of a few things, but it is the bottomless pit called the night stand that needs the most attention. If yours doesn’t, I’m proud of you!
Here are just a few things that are in our night stand drawers right now: Belts, gloves, a miniature plastic big wheel, photographs, old glasses, old credit cards that need to be cut up, ink pens, various bags for jewelry/makeup, handwarmers, various police paraphernalia, mini notebooks, and keepsakes.
- Go through all drawers and get rid of anything that has a lot of holes or stains or is missing a mate.
- Remove everything from night stand drawers and look at it with a critical eye. Is it something you have to keep? Do you have to keep it in the bedroom? If you have to keep it, try to find a new home to keep it in.
- Shred, toss, or burn old papers.
- Cut up old credit cards.
- Decide what kinds of things you want to keep in your night stand drawers.
- If you store clothing in drawers, try a new way of folding and storage. Store folded t-shirts on their side like a file. I did this for my husband’s tees and it looked great. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long for him!
- Use dividers for socks and undies.
- Have a separate drawer for swim wear.
- Only keep what you need in the nightstand. If you have an extra drawer, it is a great place for important papers or a small lockbox.
What To Keep In the Nightstand:
- Ink pen
- Lotion or other nightly beauty products
- Book or magazine
- Glasses or extra contacts
- Puzzle books
- Phone charger
That’s it for Challenge Day 19. It doesn’t have to be all that complicated! Just strive to make your bedroom a calming place with less clutter and you’ll sleep better for it. : )
As always, please join us for the Clear the Clutter Challenge. There will be a special giveaway at the end and you don’t want to miss that!!