We visited our movie/book stash early on in the challenge, but it’s time to go back! Challenge Day 22 asks us to find 10 more books and/or movies that we can stand to part with. This is hard, y’all!!
Most people know by now that I have a really hard time letting go of books and movies. Most especially, the books! When it comes right down to it, it’s all about priorities. Do I want to sit in the house with plenty of books to read and movies to watch? Or do I want to have more time and money to travel with my family and make memories? I will take my family, thank you very much!
- Go through book shelves, drawers, and cabinets and find any and all books. Put them in one central location.
- Do the same with all movies.
- Sort through the books and movies and find at least 10 to give away or sell.
- Make a list of any you might like to reread or watch and plan on borrowing from a friend/family member or the library.
- Copy DVDs to an external hard drive so that you can watch them without so much clutter.
- Buy or borrow digital books and save buying hard copies only for special books or occasions.
- Designate an area just for movies and an area just for books–create a media shelf or closet if possible.
- Use books as decorations.
- Use a pull-out drawer, trundle (minus the mattress), or suitcase to store movies and/or books under the bed.
- Use baskets or crates to store books/movies in the open.
- Put books and movies out for guests if you have a guest room.
- Check out my Organize Me board on Pinterest for more organizing ideas.
As much as I would love to keep every book and movie that comes through these doors, it’s just not feasible. Even though I dream about having “hidden” bookshelf doors in my house, I don’t think it’s going to happen. And as much as I adore reading books and watching movies, I adore the idea of living a clutter-free life so much more!
Do you love books? Do you collect movies? Do you have too many? Join the Clear the Clutter Challenge and take back your space!