Does anyone else have dozens and dozens of cords lying around the house that you have no clue what they go to? Anyone? We sure do and Challenge Day 24 is all about those pesky cords!
The “To Do” on this challenge is short and sweet, but if you keep unearthing extra cords, it may take more than one day. I apologize for that, but it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to something like this. Some things can’t be replaced that easily!
Are you ready for the To Do list??
- Find all of the cords in your house that are not attached to anything.
- Figure out what they go to (this could take anywhere from thirty minutes to six years).
- Label the cords.
- Find a way to keep them with the items they belong to if at all possible.
- Label, label, label. Don’t tell yourself that you will remember what they go to, because you probably won’t!
- Store the cords as near to the item they belong with as possible.
- Use toilet paper tubes to hold folded cords (make sure to label them).
- Invest in or make your own charging station for important electronics and keep the cords plugged in to it.
- Use a plastic drawer unit or over the door hanging storage to keep up with cords and chargers. (Again, label it!)
- Organize cords with an ornament box
- Use bicycle hooks to loop and hang large cords, i.e., extension cords.
There are plenty of ideas for storing cords, so just use what works best for you. Unless it involves throwing them all in one box and having no idea what they are for…that works for no one!!
As always, whether you have an excess amount of cords to organize or you just need some ideas for the rest of the house, please join us for the rest of the Clear the Clutter Challenge!