Hey there fellow clutter busters! How are you doing with your daily challenges? I am getting things done, but I am also having to work and do some other family things so I’m not getting all of my challenges posted as I complete them. Please forgive me if I get a little behind. I promise I will catch the posts up soon!! Challenge Day 8 is all about the kitchen again. If you remember, the kitchen is just too much for me to finish at one time. Therefore, I divided mine up into portions. I promise I don’t mind if you do yours all at once though!
Today is the second portion of the kitchen. Some of the things I am focusing on are:
- Organizing my cabinets/shelves in a way that makes more sense. I am moving my food and spices closer to the stove and putting glasses and plates in a larger cabinet together.
- Picking out dishes, kitchen tools, and pots/pans that I no longer use and letting them go.
- Throwing away expired food.
- Paring down my knife drawer. (Pun intended.)
- Throwing out excess plastic cups and gross-looking plastic containers.
- Scaling down on the excess cook books. I love them, but I just can’t use them all!
That really doesn’t sound like much, but just sorting through the canned and boxed food is a long process. If you have kids who can read, this might be a chance to let them help you!!
Something that’s not part of the Clear the Clutter Challenge, but I can’t seem to get a handle on, is keeping my kitchen table cleared off. It’s usually food that I don’t have storage for, so I’m hoping that getting rid of some of the things in the cabinets will give me more space. Otherwise, I will just have to make a conscious effort to cram everything in the cabinets every night!! Not ideal, but I get tired of looking at it. If you have suggestions, I would definitely welcome them!
As always, you don’t have to do all of the challenges or even do them order, but I would love to have everyone join in on the Clear the Clutter Challenge. And don’t forget to let me know how it’s going for you!!