Ah, cleaning the bathroom. It stinks. Sometimes literally!! Challenge Day 11 is a different kind of cleaning though, so instead of focusing on scrubbing toilets, we are going to be purging shelves and/or cabinets.
It’s pretty simple, really. Here are the steps:
- Take everything off of one shelf or out of one drawer/cabinet.
- Go through and find anything that is out of date. Toss it.
- If you have unused lotions, nail polish, or accessories that are still good, but you no longer want, put them in the yard sale pile.
- Towels that are in questionable condition can go in the rag pile, garbage, or be donated to a local animal shelter, etc. Make do with what you have until you sell enough stuff to buy new ones!
- Put everything back in a way that makes sense. Group like items together–hair products, feminine products, bath products, etc.–each category needs its own space.
- Repeat until you’ve done them all!!
It also won’t hurt if you wipe those shelves down before you put stuff back. They might be a little dusty! Also, be intentional with what you keep. If you haven’t used it in several years, there is a possibility that you’re not going to. *gasp* I’m sorry, it had to be said!
Now on to some storage ideas:
- Store things in plain sight. Put cotton balls, makeup brushes, cotton swabs, and small items in mason jars (painted or clear). It looks pretty and they are within reach!
- Decorative baskets are always great. Larger ones can be used for toilet paper, magazines, extra shampoo, etc. Small ones are great for nail supplies, extra soap, and hair accessories.
- Hang command hooks inside a cabinet or bathroom closet (if you have one) and hang hair dryers and other hair tools from them.
- Plastic pull out drawers work really well for storing feminine supplies. Especially if you have more than one female in the house…you can designate a drawer for each person.
That is pretty much all there is to it. Of course, it sounds really simple but it all depends on how much clutter you actually have in your bathroom.
Oh, and leave the toilet cleaning for another day!!
(If you would love to have an organized, clutter-free home please join the Clear the Clutter Challenge!)