Know what you get when you hoard shoes? A bunch of stink. Challenge Day 18 is about clearing out the shoe clutter! And boy, do we have it.
I’m really not certain why there are so many shoes here, but they seem to be everywhere. Sometimes you can smell it. Yuck!
For today’s challenge, ask that every family member give up one pair of shoes. That’s it. Just one. Not so hard, right? Then maybe ask them to give up another and see how it goes.
Truthfully, we have an entire box on the porch that I cleaned out of Funny Bubby’s room. Some of them have been in there since middle school and he’s grown a whole lot since then. No one can wear them and judging from the smell, I don’t think anyone would want to! Still, everyone else is going to give up a pair of shoes. They will still have plenty.
- Have every family member choose one pair of shoes they are willing to give up.
- Possibly ask for more!
- Clean and organize the shoes that are left.
- Throw away or donate. Ours will be going into one of those shoe and clothing recycling bins that are popping up all over town.
- Choose a place for shoe storage.
- Shoe bags that hang over the door can be handy.
- Shelves or cubbies in the closet are a good place to store shoes.
- Hanging coat racks low on the wall and putting shoes on the pegs will keep them off of the floor.
- Drawers work great for flip-flops or other sandals.
Shoe organization doesn’t have to be a big deal. The most important thing is that you can find the ones you are looking for when you actually want them! That is sometimes easier said than done…especially if they are in a big pile in the floor.
How do you store your shoes? We love to hear new tips!
Also, don’t forget to join us on the Clear the Clutter Challenge and check back for a special surprise when it’s over.